This recipe is courtesy of BBC GoodFood.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika (or regular paprika, or chilli powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 150ml/5fl oz hot vegetable stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans black beans or red kidney beans (or a mixture), rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a frying pan, ensure this frying pan is rather large, and fry the onions for 5 minutes, make sure to frequently stir!
Add the garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon, and cook for a further minute, or longer if needed, however, this will more than likely only take a minute to do and finish.
Transfer to the slow cooker. Stir in the stock, tomatoes, drained beans, tomatoes, and dried oregano. Stir well then cover with the lid and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Serve this hot!
Banner and Image Credit: BBC