April 26, 2023
This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 400g/14oz short pasta, such as penne or fusilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 75g/2¾oz full-fat crème fraîche, plus extra to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g/3½oz grated cheddar, to serve
- pickled jalapeños, to serve
Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain and reserve 150ml/5fl oz cooking water.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium–high heat. Stir-fry the onions and peppers for 5 minutes.
Push the peppers and onions to one side and add the chicken and spices.
Fry for 5 minutes, then stir the chicken into the peppers.
Stir the crème fraîche into the chicken mixture, then slowly add the reserved pasta water.
Season with salt and pepper then fold in the pasta and allow to heat through for a few minutes.
Divide between pasta bowls and sprinkle over the cheese. Serve with the jalapeños and a dollop of crème fraîche.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.