May 31, 2022
This recipe is made possible by BBC!
- 250g/9oz North Atlantic prawns, peeled and cooked
- 3–4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- dash Tabasco
- 1–2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1–2 tsp lemon juice
- good pinch paprika, to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded into 1cm/½in strips
- 8 small brioche finger rolls, each halved and then cut in half on the top but not all the way through
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed, thinly sliced
- 10cm/4in piece cucumber, cut in half lengthways and sliced thinly
- 4 radishes, trimmed and finely sliced
- mustard, any type, to garnish (optional)
- cress or micro herbs, to garnish (optional)
- Pat the prawns dry on kitchen paper and tip into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, ketchup, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Arrange some lettuce in the bottom of each halved roll and add the avocado and cucumber on one side.
- Spoon the prawn cocktail mixture on the other side and garnish with a little paprika. Scatter over the radish and garnish with mustard and cress or micro herbs.
- Serve immediately.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC