January 8, 2021
This chicken and hummus bowl is perfect for an at home healthy lunch or every a smaller healthy dinner.
Oh, and if all this wasn’t good enough – it only takes 10 minutes to make!
- 200g hummus
- 1 small lemon, which has been zested and juiced
- 200g pouch cooked mixed grains (we used Merchant Gourmet red rice & quinoa)
- 150g roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1 small halved and sliced avocado
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced at an angle
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds
- Mix 2 tbsp of the hummus with half the lemon juice, the lemon zest and enough water to make a drizzly dressing. Squeeze the grain pouch to separate the grains, and then divide between two bowls before tossing the dressing in. Top each bowl with a handful of the spinach afterwards.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the avocado halves, then add one half to each bowl. Divide the chicken, pomegranate seeds, onion, almonds and remaining hummus between the two bowls and gently mix everything together just before eating.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.