January 19, 2023
This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 500ml/18fl oz good-quality chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- small nugget fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cooked skinless chicken breast
- 100g/3½oz dried fine egg noodles
- 3 spears Tenderstem broccoli or 100g/3½oz frozen peas
- 2–3 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 3 spring onions, trimmed
- handful beansprouts, rinsed
- chilli or sesame oil (optional)
Pour the chicken stock into a pan and add 200ml water.
Add the garlic and ginger to the stock and set the pan over a very low heat for 5 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic and ginger from the pan and discard.
Shred the chicken breast into small, bite-sized pieces and add to the stock with the egg noodles.
Simmer the broth for 3 minutes.
If using, cut the broccoli into 5mm pieces and thinly slice the spring onions. Add to the pan with the soy sauce and simmer for a further minute.
Add the beansprouts to the soup and warm through for 30 seconds.
Divide among two deep bowls and serve with a drizzle of chilli or sesame oil.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.