This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 200g/7oz chorizo, skin removed and roughly chopped
- 6 free-range eggs
- 50ml/2fl oz milk
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200g/7oz cooked potatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g/3½oz frozen peas
- 2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- green salad, to serve
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Before starting this dish, make sure to preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan on the hob until just hot, then add the oil, onion, and red pepper and fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat up, add the chorizo and cook for 4 minutes until it has released its oil and is crisp around the edges.
- The mixture will go a red color.
Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a large jug and whisk with the milk, a pinch of salt, and plenty of black pepper.
Add the garlic and potatoes to the chorizo mixture and fry for another 2 minutes.
Add the peas and cook for another minute, until the whole mixture is hot.
Pour in the egg, stir briefly, turn down to medium heat and scatter the parsley over the top.
Fry without stirring, for 2 minutes, then carefully lift the edge of the frittata with a spatula to check if it is cooked and golden-brown underneath.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. When the top is bubbled up and slightly golden use a tea towel to grab the handle and give the pan a gentle shake.
Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a plate. Cut it into slices and serve with a green salad.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.