This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 1 tbsp sunflower or mild olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 75g/2½oz soft cooking chorizo
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml/7fl oz just-boiled water
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 75g/2½oz curly kale, rinsed, shredded, tough stalks removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 3 minutes.
While the onion is cooking, cut the chorizo into roughly 1.5cm slices.
Stir the chorizo slices and hot smoked paprika into the onion and garlic mixture.
Fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the tinned tomatoes, water and tomato purée to the pan and stir well.
Bring the mixture to the boil.
Drain the chickpeas in a sieve and rinse under cold water. Add them to the tomato mixture and return it to a simmer.
Continue to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Longer if needed!
Add the kale to the stew and continue to simmer for a further 2 minutes.
Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, ladle the stew into serving bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.