This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 600g/1lb 5oz potatoes, peeled and cut into roughly 2.5cm/1in chunks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2–4 tsp Thai curry paste, any colour, according to taste
- 200ml/7fl oz hot vegetable stock, made with ½ vegetable stock cube
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (preferably dark), plus extra to serve
- 100g/3½oz frozen peas
- 200g/7oz long grain rice (optional), cooked according to packet instructions
Put the potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan, cover with water until it rises just 1cm above the vegetables and place a lid on top.
Bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wide-based saucepan over medium-high heat and fry the onion for 4 minutes.
Reduce the heat slightly, stir in the curry paste, ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Pour the stock and coconut milk into the pan and stir in the soy sauce. Add the drained vegetables, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in the frozen peas and cook for 3 minutes more.
Serve the curry with freshly cooked rice, if you like.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC