This is made possible by BBC Foods!
For the nectarine puff tart
- 1 ready-rolled sheet puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 3 large ripe nectarines, thinly sliced ( or peaches or bananas)
- 3 tbsp runny honey (or maple syrup or sugar)
- generous dash dark rum (or amaretto)
- large pinch ground cinnamon (or allspice, ground cloves or nutmeg)
- 1 lime, zest only, to decorate (or lemon)
- edible flowers, to decorate
For the cinnamon and rum cream
- 300ml/10fl oz double cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (or allspice, ground cloves or nutmeg)
- generous splash dark rum (or amaretto)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Before starting this recipe, make sure to preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7 and ensure to preheat a baking tray. Make sure the baking tray is big enough for this. It is recommended to use a large baking tray!
To make the nectarine puff tart, lay the pastry sheet out on a sheet of baking paper and roll the pastry edges up to form a 1cm border all around.
Brush the border with the beaten egg.
Mix the nectarine, honey, rum and cinnamon in a bowl. Arrange the mixture in the middle of the pastry.
Slide the tart, on its baking paper, on to the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes. This can also be left for 15 minutes, mainly waiting until it’s golden!
Decorate the tart with the lime zest and edible flowers.
To make the cinnamon cream, place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and whip until it forms soft peaks.
Cut the tart into slices and serve with the whipped cream.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.