This recipe is courtesy of BBC GoodFood.
For the tomato relish
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 200g/7oz tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lime, zest only (juice used below)
- salt and pepper
For the bean and rice burrito
- 400g tin Mexican-style bean mix or mixed beans in mild chili sauce
- 200g/7oz frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 150g/5½oz long-grain rice, cooked according to the packet instructions or in a microwave (see tip)
- 1 lime, juice only
- 200g/7oz plain yogurt
To make the tomato relish, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl with salt and pepper. After all, this is done, put it to the side for now and return to it later on!
To make the burritos, heat a frying pan over medium heat and warm the beans through for 5 minutes, maybe less depending on how hot you’d like it, and or cook for 1 minute in the microwave. Add the sweetcorn and mix well.
Warm the tortilla wraps for 10 seconds in a microwave or in a dry pan over medium heat until the tortillas are soft and warm.
To assemble, divide the cooked rice and beans between the tortilla wraps. Squeeze a little lime juice over each of them if you want to. Spoon over the tomato relish and the yogurt and roll up to enclose each burrito.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC