September 6, 2019
Spicy harissa aubergine pie
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions (finely sliced)
- 2 aubergines (cut into chunks)
- 2 large garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tbsp rose harissa paste
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 100g pitted green olives
- 250g pouch cooked puy lentils
- 1 small bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1.3kg sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 3cm chunks)
- 100g feta (crumbled)
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the aubergines for 10-15 minutes until they are golden and softened. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Fry the onions with the remaining oil for 7-10 minutes/until softened. Add the garlic, 1 tbsp of the harissa and the coriander and cook for 1 minute more.
- Return the aubergines to the pan with the tomatoes, lentils, olives and a can of water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season, then stir through the parsley.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a large pan of boiling lightly salted water for 15 minutes. Drain and leave to steam-dry, then mash and stir through the remaining harissa. Spoon the aubergine filling into a large baking dish, scatter over half the feta and spoon over the potatoes. Scatter the remaining feta over the pie.
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Grill the pie for 7-10 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden.
- Lastly, serve onto plates.