May 30, 2019
Creamy tomato risotto
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 1l vegetable stock
- knob of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 250g risotto rice
- 300g cherry tomato (halved)
- Small pack basil (roughly torn)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Tip the chopped tomatoes and half the stock into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour into a saucepan with the remaining stock, bring to a gentle simmer and keep over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and oil in the base of a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Add the onion and gently cook for 6-8 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and rosemary, then cook for a minute more. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Start adding the hot stock and tomato mixture about a quarter at a time. Let the risotto cook, stirring often, adding more stock as it is absorbed. After you have added half the stock, add the cherry tomatoes. After 20-25 minutes, the rice should be creamy and tender, the cherry tomatoes softened and all of the stock should be used up.
- Cover and leave for 1 min, then stir in the basil. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan and a good grinding of black pepper.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.