This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 250g/9oz frozen petits pois, or fresh garden peas
- 115g/4oz unsalted cashew nuts
- 55g/2oz Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- large bunch basil, roughly chopped
- 100ml/3½fl oz olive oil
- 350g/12oz spaghetti
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
Place half the peas in a small food processor and add the nuts, cheese, garlic and basil. Whiz until finely chopped. Slowly add the oil, a little at a time and processing between each addition, until you have a paste consistency.
Season with salt to taste.
Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Reserve 50ml/5fl oz of the pasta water before draining.
Place the pesto in a large non-stick frying pan, add the reserved peas and the cooked spaghetti and a little pasta cooking water. Toss everything together over a high heat until well coated.
Season generously with black pepper and serve with extra Parmesan, if using.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC