November 30, 2020
This chicken kiev recipe is easy and takes no time at all.
There’s no fancy ingredients and it tastes great! What more could you ask for?
Please make sure the chicken is fully cooked before serving.
- 6 garlic cloves , 2 peeled
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 85g fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp garlic & herb soft cheese
- PLUS 4 tsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Whizz together the 2 peeled garlic cloves, parsley and 1 tsp olive oil in a food processor. Add the breadcrumbs and seasoning before pulsing briefly to mix. Tip onto a plate.
- Cut a slit (roughly thumb-length) in the side of each chicken breast, at the plump end. Spoon ¼ of the soft cheese into each hole and press the edges together to seal. Rub 2 tsp oil over all the chicken breasts before pressing the herby crumbs onto them.
- Place the coated chicken in a shallow roasting tin. Scatter round the remaining unpeeled garlic cloves and drizzle with the rest of the oil. Bake for 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked and crumbs crisp and golden. Squeeze out the soft, roasted garlic from the skins and serve with the chicken.
Recipe courtesy of BBC GoodFood.