September 13, 2019
Baked tomato & mozzarella orzo
- 150g orzo
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar (roughly chopped)
- handful olives (roughly chopped)
- big pinch chilli flakes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic (if you can’t find ready mixed, crush 1 garlic clove into a can of tomatoes)
- 125g ball mozzarella
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the orzo into a medium casserole dish, then stir in the oil, red peppers, olives, chilli flakes and dried oregano. Tip in the chopped tomatoes, then refill the can halfway with water and pour that in too. Give everything a good mix, season, then cover and bake for 20 minutes until the pasta is almost cooked.
- Take it out of the oven and give the orzo a stir. Remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high. Take the orzo out of the oven and tear the mozzarella over the top, then grill until melted and bubbling.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.