This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juice only
- large pinch caster sugar
- 2 steaks (such as sirloin, ribeye, bavette), approx. 175g/6oz each
- 4 ciabatta rolls (fresh or bake-at-home variety)
- Japanese-style mayonnaise, to serve
For the salad
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into very thin batons
- 2 large spring onions, shredded
- ½ Little Gem lettuce, shredded
- small handful fresh coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped
- ½ small red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
Whisk the fish sauce, chilli sauce, lime juice and sugar. Place the steaks in a large plastic food bag and add most of the marinade.
. Seal the bag and leave the steaks to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour. Sometimes this works better to leave overnight.
To make the salad, mix all the ingredients together with the reserved dressing.
Bake the ciabatta rolls according to the packet instructions, or, if using fresh, gently warm in a low oven.
Meanwhile, heat a large griddle pan over a very high heat. Cook the steaks for a few minutes on each side, until cooked to your liking.
Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
Halve the ciabatta rolls and spread generously with mayonnaise.
Divide between the four rolls, top with the salad, and serve immediately.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC