This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 2 small-medium onions, roughly chopped
- 100g/3½oz korma curry paste (or follow pack guidance for serving 4–5 people)
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 40g/1½oz flaked almonds, plus 2 tbsp to garnish (toasted if preferred)
- 8 small chicken thighs (about 700–750g/1lb 9oz–1lb 10oz) skin removed, boneless, excess fat trimmed and each thigh cut into 3–5 pieces
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream or Greek-style yogurt
- a handful of sultanas or raisins (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly cooked basmati rice and/or warmed naan bread, to serve
Turn the slow cooker to the High setting to heat up. Put the onions, curry paste, turmeric, and flaked almonds into a food processor.
Add 100ml water then whizz until the paste is very smooth.
Scrape the paste into the slow cooker.
Stir the chicken pieces into the paste mixture. Add another 200ml water and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
Stir in the cream and sultanas, if using, and cook for another 15 minutes on High.
Taste the curry and season with salt and pepper. Scatter with the reserved flaked almonds and serve with rice or bread.
Banner and Image Credit: BBC