This is made possible by BBC Foods!
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml/14fl oz milk, full-fat or semi-skimmed
- 1 tsp mustard, Dijon or English
- 150g/5½oz mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- 500g/1lb 2oz shop-bought gnocchi
- 200g/7oz frozen broccoli florets
- 100g/3½ oz frozen peas
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Heat the butter and oil together in a shallow, flameproof casserole over a low heat.
Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle over the flour and stir well then gradually add the milk, just a little at a time, stirring well between each addition to make a smooth sauce.
Stir in the mustard and half of the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir in the gnocchi, broccoli, peas and tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring.
Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes.
Banner and Image Credit: Isabel Eve