September 20, 2019
Slow cooker vegetable lasagne
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 large garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 large courgettes (diced)
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper (deseeded and sliced)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 15g fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 large aubergine (sliced across length or width)
- 6 wholewheat lasagne sheets (105g)
- 125g vegetarian buffalo mozzarella (chopped)
- Heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a large non-stick pan and fry 2 sliced onions and 2 chopped large garlic cloves for 5 minutes, make sure to stir frequently until softened.
- Tip in 2 diced large courgettes, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, both roughly sliced, and 400g chopped tomatoes with 2 tbsp tomato purée, 2 tsp vegetable bouillon and 15g chopped basil.
- Stir well, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Do not add more liquid as plenty of moisture will come from the vegetables once they start cooking.
- Slice 1 large aubergine. Lay half the slices of aubergine in the base of the slow cooker and top with 3 sheets of lasagne.
- Add a third of the ratatouille mixture, then the remaining aubergine slices, 3 more lasagne sheets, then the remaining ratatouille mixture.
- Cover and cook on High for 2½ – 3 hours until the pasta and vegetables are tender. Turn off the machine.
- Scatter 125g vegetarian buffalo mozzarella over the vegetables then cover and leave for 10 minutes to settle and melt the cheese.
- Serve with extra basil and a handful of rocket.