June 20, 2019
Sweetcorn & courgette fritters
- 198g can sweetcorn (drained)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 50g courgette (grated)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 50g self-raising flour
- 5 eggs ( 1 beaten, 4 for poaching)
- 40ml milk
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vegetable oils
- mixed leaves
- Mix the sweetcorn, spring onions, courgette, paprika, flour, beaten egg, milk and some seasoning in a large bowl and set aside.
- Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- In a bowl, mix the chilli sauce with the lime juice and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan and spoon in four burger-sized mounds of the fritter mixture, spaced apart. When brown on the underside, turn over and cook for 3 minutes more until golden.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in the simmering water for 2-3 minutes until cooked and the yolks are runny. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Serve the fritters topped with a poached egg, mixed leaves and a drizzle of the chilli dressing.