The 2022 NFL draft is just a matter of weeks away and with the combine and most of the pro days now in the rearview mirror it’s time for our big board. This is not the order in which we think the players will go but basically an opinion on who we regard as the best prospects in the class of 22.
The Five Minute Spare Big Board
Our Top 10
1. Kyle Hamilton Safety Notre Dame
Will he go No 1? Probably not given that the position doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. If he does go No1 it will be the first Notre Dame player to achieve that accolade since Walt Patulski in 1972. Whatever we are confident he will do a whole lot better than he did.
2. Aidan Hutchinson DE Michigan
Probable No 1 Pick as the Jag’s biggest need is on the D-Line
3. Evan Neal, OT Alabama
6 foot 7 and can play left or right tackle. Pretty much a plug and play guy.
4. Kayvon Thibodeaux DE Oregon
Question marks over his character have emerged however he is sufficiently talented that teams will take the risk.
5. Ikem Ekwonu, OT NC State
The best run blocker in the draft!
6. Ahmad (Sauce) Gardner, CB Cincinnati
A key part of the Bearcat’s dominant defense in the last couple of seasons.
7. Travon Walker, DE Georgia
His outstanding Combine has moved him up massively in our estimation. Plus Georgia are National Champions which adds a bit of extra kudos.
8. Garrett Wilson, WR Ohio State
Not the biggest WR in the draft but probably the most elusive.
9. Drake London, WR USC
Big Red Zone threat could be the first WR taken.
10. Tyler Linderbaum, OC, Iowa
He won’t go top 10 given the positional bias that exists. However, he looks as good a Centre as we have seen in years.
First Round Probables
11. Charles Cross, OT Mississippi State
12. Devin Lloyd, LB Utah
13. Nakobe Dean, LB Georgia
14. Trent McDuffie, CB Washington
15. David Ojabo, DE Michigan
16. Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M
17. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
18. Jordan Davis, DL, Georgia
19. Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson
20. Derek Stingley, CB, LSU
21. Jermaine Johnson, DE Florida State
22. Boye Mafe, DE Minnesota
23. Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
24. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
25. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan
Yikes, no QBs in our top 25? Nope, although three are in our top 32, as you can see from our on the fringe list below.
Other Potential First Round Talent
26. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
27. Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss
28. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
29. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
30. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh
31. Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
32. Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia
This looks like being a vintage year for OTs and the DL which bodes well for those teams with multiple first-round picks. Before you go check out our other thoughts on the 2022 NFL Draft.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.