What is Personal Data?
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. We may collect this from a variety of sources including
• Personal data you give us directly,
• Personal data we collect automatically, and
• Personal data we collect from other sources such as social media.
You are not required to provide personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have. For example, you can’t become a member of the site without providing a user name and password, similarly we cannot respond to any queries without you giving us a method of communicating with you.
How do we may collect information from you?
Visiting the Web Site.
If you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter we may obtain information about you (for example, when you publicly tag us or share one of our posts). The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those types of platforms.
Information you give us
Should you choose to register as a member of our site you will need to give us certain information to enable us to identify you as a member..
Under certain circumstances we may obtain information about you from public records.
How your information may be used.
We may use your information for various purposes, which may include:
• Providing you with access to the website and providing any associated services.
• Improving the functionality of our website.
• Communicating with you and responding to any enquiries.
• For marketing purposes
Who will it be shared with?
• We do not sell rent or share your information with third parties except in circumstances where have expressly asked us to.
• We will share your data where compelled to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, for example where we are ordered by a court or regulatory authority.
Use of Data & Legal Basis of Processing.
Data protection law requires us to identify one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following to be relevant:
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as allowing you to log into our members area to send you email, text and/or social media contact.
Performance of a Contract.
Where we have entered into a contract with you to provide a product or service.
Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as what the information is used for is fair and does not duly impact your rights). For example in running the site and communicating with you.
Retaining Your Data.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
• Specific consent data will be retained for as long as you remain a member
• Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
• Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes.
• We may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period if required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
• Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, rectification and data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
UK data protection law grants you rights over the personal information that we hold about you; we have summarised these below:
Right of Access.
You have a right to request access to any personal data that we hold about you. You can request this information at any time and we will provide you with it unless legal exceptions apply. If you require access, please send a description of the information you want and proof of your identity by post to the address provided below.
The right to have inaccurate information corrected.
The accuracy of your information is important. Registered members can change their information in their profile section however i if you change email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us via email or post.
Right to Restrict Use.
You have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of some or all of your personal information if there is a disagreement about its accuracy, or we’re not lawfully allowed to use it. Again, contact us via email or post.
Right of Erasure.
You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information. If you choose to stop being a member of the site we will delete all of your personal information.
Keeping your information safe.
We take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect any personal information you provide us with
We do not hold any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) but instead use the services of third-party processors.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Links to other websites.
Where appropriate we may link to other websites. This policy applies to our website only and we have no responsibility or influence over their privacy policies and practices. If in doubt, please read their policies when visiting them.
Further if you arrived at our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site.
Changes to this policy.
We may make slight alterations to this policy in the future so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 28/09/2018
Five Minutes Spare Limited 36 Willow Place Parklands Drive Carlisle
Cumbria CA1 3GQ
Contact email: craigt at butterworths-solicitors.co.uk